I was thinking that in the case of a water heater age plays into it. As I
understand it they do have a lifespan and when one leaks it can be pretty
terrible...
If it were old (20 years?) I'd say replace it with the same again. The new one
will have better insulation and be more efficient. If its fairly new (less than
10 years?) I'd leave it alone. Its that middle ground thats a question...
-Curt

    On Wednesday, June 26, 2019, 10:16:10 AM EDT, Jim Cathey via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

 > Would I be better off convincing her to leave the gas 30 gal heater be?

Has she never heard: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  There is true wisdom,
there.

-- Jim