Exactly, I keep looking at the tankless heaters every time I have to deal
one of the tank ones. Even down here in OK the water is too cold in the
winter for anything other than the largest models, requiring new circuits
to be run, etc. The electric tank model is still the best bet where I live.

On Wed, Jun 26, 2019 at 10:28 AM Randy Bennell via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> What is the source for your water? How cold is it?
> My recollection is that the tankless heaters do not last all that long
> if the water is very cold. Probably work fine in Florida.
>

> On 26/06/2019 7:56 AM, Curley McLain via Mercedes wrote:
> > SWMBO decided we should throw out the gas water heater and get an
> > electric heater "so we don't have to light the pilot"   This was a
> > bolt out of the blue.  In the process, I looked at tankless electric
> > water heaters.   The point of use ones seem to be between 1.0 and 1.3
> > GPM, while "whole house" run 3.0 to 3.6 GPH.  The max usage would
> > probably be 2 people taking showers while someone washes dishes.   Two
> > people most of the time, and a max of 6. The guy at the plmg supply
> > said we'd not be happy with the tankless electric.   The current 30
> > gal heater has always kept up, but we generally staggered showers so
> > both did not use water at the same time.
> >
> > is 3 gpm realistic for a normal household?   Will 3 gpm rating really
> > keep up with 2 showers in the real world?
> >
> > I can buy 3 Point of use 1.3 gpm heaters for the price of one 3 gpm
> > whole house heater.   I had thought of using 3 of these in a parallel
> > setup to have some redundancy (central, not POU)   Would this work as
> > well as a single heater in the real world?
> >
> > Would I be better off convincing her to leave the gas 30 gal heater be?

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg