Here's a story from a Ford dealership in the 1980s (not my story, fortunately):

I've had to deal with detailers for years... one of the stupidest things I
encountered was new PU trucks showing up on the delivery line with dents in the
top of the hood that I know were not there when the vehicle was inventoried and
sold. One day I was in the detail dept. and a detailer was kneeling on the hood
cleaning the windshield! That was the last time he did that... many more
stories but that one was one I'll never forget as it was an on-going expensive
problem until I chanced upon the cause.