I found it better to connect to the bleeder valve on the slave cyl, and
pump fluid up to the master cyl, but don't remember if I did that on the
W123 clutch or not. I'm pretty sure that we did with the W201 clutch.
Access can be a problem.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 6:23 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I pulled this 81 240D I acquired into the shop to get it going.
> Currently clutch is dead and just goes to the floor.  I assume I want to
> first try seeing if the slave cylinder is leaking, then maybe try
> bleeding it?  Followed by replacement.  So the question is I have never
> worked on a clutch before.  How do I bleed it?  Do I hook up my pressure
> bleeder to the brake fluid reservoir then simply open the bleeder on the
> slave cylinder?

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!