It should, however, you are trying to push the air down, and it want's to
go up. If you use the brake bleeder method, the air is moving the way it's
naturally wants to go. You have a better chance of success the first time,
UNLESS you push the brake pedal too far and tear up the cups in the master
cylinder.
TANSTAAFL.

On Thu, May 14, 2020 at 8:38 PM Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> It just seems to me like with pressure applied to the brake reservoir I
> could crack open the bleed screw on the slave cylinder and it would
> bleed the air out just like it would with a brake caliper.
>
> On 5/14/2020 8:28 PM, Allan Streib via Mercedes wrote:
> > Same. I would never bleed brakes the old "pump the pedal" way if I had
> > the option to use a pressure bleeder. Just makes it so easy and
> > foolproof. Unfortunately the reservoir caps are not standard and my
> > pressure bleeder has only been usable on my MB and VW cars. Maybe they
> > are standard in Germany.
> >
> > Allan
> >

> > Kaleb Striplin via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com> writes:
> >
> >> I prefer to use my pressure bleeder for just this reason if possible.

OK Don

pause and reflect." Mark Twain

“Basic research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I am doing.”  Wernher
Von Braun
2013 F150, 18 mpg
2017 Subaru Legacy, 30 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!