Phew! Good stuff! Lots of perspectives. That was truly funny that that
Harley rider mistook the Kawi for one. It's like how? In terms of mistaking,
it's getting harder to tell a Harley from a Euro bike because they have been
trying to hard to emulate (though this may be dying back now). But some of
the Japanese bike makers have actually de-designed their engines, going to a
pushrod config. just to achieve that Harley sound. Sometimes they actually
fool me audibly from a distance these days.

Yes, deer are a big worry. On my way to work one morning at about 4 a.m. two
ran across the highway. I stuck to my policy of braking as hard as I safely
could as soon as I ever saw a deer by the road. This is what saved me that
morning. They both froze right in my lane, and I was able to bring er to a
stop so close that I could see the texture of their fur in my headlight. The
thing is, that swerving either direction could put you right in their path
if they don't freeze. That's why my policy was to brake hard and hold my
line.

And yes, I am glad that I no longer ride. I thank God I was able to remain
uninjured for the years that I rode, and I was actually, in a way, thankful
when my Sportster got stolen. It would've needed some work soon anyway. The
only problem was that it was my only form of trasportation aside from a
bicycle. And I had no insurance. Again, can't complain though.

Brian
83 240D
92 Sportster Deluxe