Sort of my position too. In a day where are actually cars that are referred
to as "urban assault vehicles" and when I can be assured of seeing at least
one genuine red light run every couple of days, and many late yellow light
runs daily, I'd rather sit and shake my head from inside a steel enclosure
than atop a cycle.

And yes, bicycling is my own personal "revenge" against traffic gridlock.
The only downfall is that you inevitably have to pass through areas where
you must tightly share the road with... well see above.

Brian

On 5/18/06, Hendrik Riessen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When your time is up, it's up. To me the problem was that evey time I
headed
out for a ride I would shitscared that some idiot in a car would "not see
me" and I would end up paying with my life because some dumb **** can't be
bothered paying attention. I have children and their needs come before
mine
and in the end I did not enjoy riding any more.
Anyway when I feel the urge to polish chrome I give the Merc some loving.

Hendrik
who still rides bicycles but is very careful doing so

----- Original Message -----
From: "John Berryman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 11:07 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The wave


>
> On May 18, 2006, at 9:21 AM, lee wrote:
>
>>> And you have the road rash scars to back-up this statement?
>>
>> Including a bit of Phoenix ashpalt still embedded in my hand after
>> 30+ years.
>
> For my own sake, I certainly hope you're wrong. I've ridden so many
> miles for so many years that it would seem I'm due for a wreck. I
> never rule this out as a possibility and do my best to predict what
> everyone around me could/will do wrong.
>
> Johnny B.
> I Mac Therefore I am
>
> _______________________________________
> http://www.striplin.net
> For new parts see official list sponsor: http://www.buymbparts.com/
> For used parts email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
> http://striplin.net/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_striplin.net
>
>
> --
> Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
> Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.
> Version: 7.0.338 / Virus Database: 268.5.6/337 - Release Date:
11/05/2006
>

_______________________________________
http://www.striplin.net
For new parts see official list sponsor: http://www.buymbparts.com/
For used parts email [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To Unsubscribe or change delivery options go to:
http://striplin.net/mailman/listinfo/mercedes_striplin.net

Reply via email to