SO...what is the bike riding season in Maine? About 3 weeks? (har de har har)

Bob Rentfro

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curt Raymond" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2006 1:39 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The wave

"There are only two kinds of biker, those who have parted ways with their bike at speed, and those who eventually will if they keep riding." I love that when I got my bike it seemed like everybody needed to tell me this. As if all of a sudden I was going to say "Holy crap, you mean I could fall off and get hurt? Damn, get this bike away from me."

For petes sake I ride BECAUSE of the ever present threat of disaster. The feeling of exposure and frankly because it scares the crap out of me and I like getting off the bike knowing I've conquered my fear and transported myself safely. The only reason I see for ever falling off my bike is gross unpredictable mechanical failure (undetectable hardening of a metal part that suddenly fails or a nail in a tire or some such) or getting hit by somebody else or caught in a case where I can't help hitting somebody, OR if I finally get around to buying a real sportbike and put in track time where I'm severely pushing the envelope. In either case since I'm always armored while riding, attempting to expect the unexpected which is another thing I like about riding.

 -Curt