"There are only two kinds of biker, those who have parted ways with their bike
at speed, and those who eventually will if they keep riding."
  I love that when I got my bike it seemed like everybody needed to tell me
this. As if all of a sudden I was going to say "Holy crap, you mean I could
fall off and get hurt? Damn, get this bike away from me."

  For petes sake I ride BECAUSE of the ever present threat of disaster. The
feeling of exposure and frankly because it scares the crap out of me and I like
getting off the bike knowing I've conquered my fear and transported myself
safely. The only reason I see for ever falling off my bike is gross
unpredictable mechanical failure (undetectable hardening of a metal part that
suddenly fails or a nail in a tire or some such) or getting hit by somebody
else or caught in a case where I can't help hitting somebody, OR if I finally
get around to buying a real sportbike and put in track time where I'm severely
pushing the envelope. In either case since I'm always armored while riding,
attempting to expect the unexpected which is another thing I like about riding.

  -Curt

Feel free to call! Free PC-to-PC calls. Low rates on PC-to-Phone.  Get Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice