You had more sophisticated advisors than did I--I was simply advised that "there's two kinds of bikers, them that's been down, and them that's goin'". Forty three years later, I'm still riding, but more cautiously every year, and have yet to become the second kind of biker. I spent February on a rented Beemer in Western Australia and had one of the best rides yet--for me, the risk is worth the experience. It's not for everybody.
                  Peter Ferguson
                  1983 300TD

"There are only two kinds of biker, those who have parted ways with their bike at speed, and those who eventually will if they keep riding." I love that when I got my bike it seemed like everybody needed to tell me this.