From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Levi Smith
Sent: Thursday, May 18, 2006 4:26 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] The wave

Well, if it's warm out, I'm quite possibly in shorts and a t-shirt.
I didn't spend all the money for "real" protection with some sort of armour
in it, so in my mind, if the bike goes down, I'm doubting that pair of jeans
are going to make a whole heck of a lot of difference.  Maybe I'll have an
extra 10th of a second before the jeans rip and wear off against the
pavement...

Don't get me wrong, I'll fully agree that real protection is the way to go.
But I don't want to spend more than my bike cost (about $600) for something
that would really protect me, and the time and pain to put it all on and off
for a 15 minute ride, or just the trip to work...

Heck, I'm riding my electric bicycle about 6+ miles each way to and from
work, and on the one steep hill where I'm holding both brakes to keep it
around 30mph max, I'm thinking how a helmet probably would be a good idea,
since falling off a bicycle at 30mph is probably going to hurt about as much
as falling off a motorcycle at that speed...

Levi