Another $0.02, would be that the w116s (exception: some 1980s that
apparently delivered with w126 motor setups, or maybe it was only CA-spec
cars) have different plumbing for the vacuum pump. IIRC we had some fun with
this on my w126->w116 swap, in addition to what Berryman mentioned.

Also the oil cooler lines are different.

Mac