Didn't end up being too bad. Took maybe an hour to get the intake manifold out,
could do it faster a second time. Once that was out removing the alternator was
easy.

Took  a few photos, this one shows the gear-like toothed wheel that drives the
alternator via a rubber coupler (alternator has already been removed). The bolt
in the center had backed out so it just spun freely. There's no lock washer or
thread locker used on that bolt for some reason, I think I will use Locktite
when I reinstall it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kiPAceYigBC9HKw_rFi2tDFg7xShR6Wj/view?usp=sharing

Here's the back side of that toothed drive wheel, some cracks and a bit chewed
up from wobbling loose so I'm going to replace that.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hQFEgoI17JXNARdU8ooO_Tck-c7THZoj/view?usp=sharing

The teeth on that wheel fit into the rubber coupler, which drives a similar
toothed wheel on the alternator. That rubber coupler seems in good condition so
thinking I'll keep it. New one is $80 (!).  The alternator looks rather old but
turns smoothly and replacing it with a Bosch reman would add about $340 to the
repair cost. It's not a terrible job to get in there now that I've done it
once, so I might just keep it and see how much more life I get out of it. Or
maybe take it to AutoZone and have them test it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fZVDFkVCrg25YX5ijdMniZt53vWnek0N/view?usp=sharing