----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian J. Beesley" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> 2250 is a problem with the server being offline for some reason.

That's not what the faq says ..... but I think you're correct. At least,
when I restarted this morning (with a 'primenet.ini' containing 'Debug=1',
as suggested to me by George), it ran fine.

I'll keep running with 'Debug=1'. If the problem recurs I'll at least then
have a report to look at.

> Hmm. Surely "UseHTTP" is now obsolete since there hasn't been RPC support
for
> some time?

The faq says to make sure you're connecting with http - which I took to mean
'UseHTTP=1'.

> Are we losing users?

Quite possibly .... but not this user :-)
It was damn annoying, however ..... though I feel that George might well be
using somewhat stronger language.

> Another good reason for changing to linux?

No .... the sisyphean spirit dictates that you acquire a second rate OS ....
and that you bloody well stick with it :-)

Thanks Brian, George.

Cheers,
Rob