At 09:09 AM 10/22/02 -0600, you wrote:

Folding@Home's success:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2002/10/021022070813.htm

Again, they mention SETI@home. As if that were the only other
distributed project out there. *sigh*
Two years ago, Pande launched Folding@home – a distributed computing project that so far has enlisted the aid of more than 200,000 PC owners, whose screensavers are dedicated to simulating the protein-folding process.

</quote>

Either they were really great activists in signing people up, or GIMPS has SOMETHING about it that won't get people to participate. We either need to step up our profile, be more active at recruiting, or do SOMETHING to get us off the static bubble we've been on, at about 18,000 members, 31,000 computers, and falling. Our output goes up ONLY because most of our members upgrade as CPUs get better and cheaper.