Sorry, guys, but the problem is well known and well discussed here and
it is this: looking for extra-terrestrial life is "sexy"
searching for cures to diseases is "sexy"
looking for enormous primes is "geeky"

These are not my views, but the ones held by the public at large. So I
fear that GIMPS will always remain the province of the few, although
those who do join will probably stay for longer and be committed to what
they are doing.

I've been here for six years and I'm sure there are plenty of us who
intend to stay here. We have had success here four times; if SETI has
had any success, I haven't heard about it.

Regards,

Ian

--
Ian W Halliday, BA Hons, AAIBF Snr, ATMS, CL
+64 27 245 6089 (GMT+13)