I think the same, if running a command after installing it will make your
system free enough, what is the need of a fork? I think that if you publish a
web page with that information the OpenBSD community would not take that as an
offense.

I'm in the middle of leaving Debian after almost 15 years of using it, due to
the systemd affair. And as you might guess it has not been easy, I have enough
(personal) systems and experience invested to leave Debian only for a tantrum,
but there is no easy way to install a new system and avoid systemd, and I guess
this will become worse over time.

Had I an one-command option to avoid or drop systemd, I might not be here.

Best regards,
Jorge.