Am 02/18/15 um 17:08 schrieb Stuart Henderson:
> On 2015-02-18, Stefan Wollny <stefan.wol...@web.de> wrote:
>> Could "mss 1460" be the core of the issue? I have the following:
>>
>> ~ $ sudo cat /etc/pf.conf | grep mss match in all scrub (no-df
>> random-id max-mss 1440)
>>
>> ~ $ sudo cat /etc/sysctl.conf | grep mss
>> net.inet.tcp.mssdflt=1440
>
> Neither of these make sense on a typical laptop, and they make me
> query what else you might have changed on the system.
>
> What does pfctl -si say?
>
> When you get the "no route to host", what does e.g. "route -n get
> 8.8.8.8" say? (i.e. some host on the internet). Are you able to
> ping your fritzbox or the proxy-server at that time?

Hi Stuart,

to answer your question: No, the line is dead - I can't ping anything.

But I just received off-list the suggestion from Gene that the
environment variables might not being passed on to root. I followed
his advice like so:

# export http_proxy=http://192.168.178.23:3128
# export ftp_proxy=http://192.168.178.23:3128
# export
PKG_PATH=http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/
# print $http_proxy
http://192.168.178.23:3128
# print $ftp_proxy
http://192.168.178.23:3128
# print $PKG_PATH
http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/
# pkg_add -ui
quirks-2.52 signed on 2015-02-17T13:51:20Z
Error from
http://ftp.hostserver.de/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/packages/amd64/adsuck-2.5.0p2.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file: 403 Forbidden
#

*****  S U C C E S S  *****
(I don't care for that one file - the connection didn't fail!)

Now we have to figure out how to make that permanent...

At this point already I'd like to THANK YOU all who took some time to
help me!

Best,
STEFAN