Personally, I don't have the resources to contribute any amount
of money. Unix admin's job here in Serbia is paid in high 4 figures :)
Yearly, that's right.

But I work for a company whose networking relies heavily on
OpenBSD. My boss, although not from FOSS world, understands the value
of good software, so I managed to persuade him to approve purchase of
CD set every release. He also understand software is free to use, and
sees CD set as 'suggested semi-annual contribution'. Buying something
physical such as CD keeps our purchase department happy. It would be
much harder, or even impossible, to explain a donation, as would
purchase of multiple CD sets.

Now, if you take into account that the company I work for pays hundreds
of euros per year to a Cisco partner just to be able to get bug fixes
for single router, I don't think my boss would object to buying CD set
even if it was double or triple the price.

Just my point of view.
After  enlightenment - chop wood, draw water.

Marko Cupać
https://www.mimar.rs/