> On Nov 21, 2019, at 09:55, Kenneth Gober <kgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The need for more swap may be related to kernel relinking -- it might be an
> interesting experiment to see if your existing swap space is enough with
> kernel relinking disabled.

Yes, precisely.

I did add some larger CF cards on machines that needed more space.  I just
happened to have a bunch of 1g thumb drives and figured I’d spare the CF all
the writes and use the thumbdrive.

I was just hoping to avoid removing the default swap device so that in the even
the thumb drive died or whatever that the machine would still boot (ideally,
just setting the priority to 1 instead of 0 would do what I want).

But, it sounds like the answer is delete/change the partition or live with it.
I’ll live with it, since I don’t want to disable kernel relinking.

Sean