On 2019-11-22, gwes <g...@oat.com> wrote:
> First, why is your workload causing swapping? That hasn't been
> a good idea since the beginning of computing.

Even if the main workload is OK, relinking the kernel (reorder_kernel)
causes swapping on smaller-memory systems.

> I've never seen an Alix so this may be impossible but
> why don't you install a larger boot drive?

With how they're often used, it's usually easier to replace the whole
machine. Maybe also cheaper, if they can be replaced by mailing a new
machine rather than having to visit a remote site (swapping the CF card
requires removing the system board from the case, not just opening the
case).

Adding swap on USB is one way to eke out another release or two's use
from the machine that can be done fairly easily without a visit..