On Saturday 01 September 2007 17:49, Rui Miguel Silva Seabra wrote:
>On Sat, Sep 01, 2007 at 04:40:53PM -0600, Theo de Raadt wrote:
>> > Most dictionaries I had at my hand define alternative as choices.
>> > You can get http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/alternative
>>
>> Wow.  Let's all go practice law with a dictionary.
>
>? But you mentioned dictionaries first...

You do realize that when it comes to legal documents, such as licenses,
that general-purpose dictionaries are inadequate, right? If you want to
look up legal terms, you need a law dictionary.

I think that if one is ignorant enough of law that one needs to consult
a legal dictionary for more than one or two terms in order to
understand a document, then perhaps it would be best to either do a lot
of studying to become more knowledgeable, or find someone with more
legal training to interpret the document. As a layperson with little
in-depth knowledge of legal code, that's how i see things anyway.