Nick Guenther wrote:
Out of curiousity, what are you doing in Java that needs Windows?
Ahh yes...for work I need to run a java based app that primarily has a Windows client. I have to run it in Windows for work although I tried Wine and it failed miserably. I tried Qemu as well and that's when the windows java crapped out and couldn't find a way to get it working as an option. I've read a little about a virtualbox port to FreeBSD which would open the possibility for OpenBSD, but seems it hasn't come to fruition. Unfortunately I'm not a coder beyond shell and a little perl so I can't help much, otherwise I'd shut up and code very willingly. That's my dilemna...I've considered buying a mac which does run virtualbox but not sure if that's really a positive move from Linux. The fact that OS X upgrades and patches generally don't break basic functionality is a motivating factor though. My intention is not to talk trash about Linux or OS X though...I want to see if anyone has done what I desire and can help me come back to OpenBSD as a desktop.