> It seems we have an emerging consensus to remove Shade and update
LateNight. Are we in agreement on this?

Not yet. Here are my Netbook Test results:

Mixxx load time:
* Shade 7 s
* Tango 59 s
* Deere 2.1 32 s

Deere 2.1 issues:
* To big for maximized, view. Window decoration and task bar at too big
(Linux Mint)
* Everything is looking quite oversized and foreign. Important infos like
waveform overview is quite small.
* Mixer region is squashed (overlapping knobs) if skin setting is open.
* The same happens in the looping region and header bar.
* Library cover art consumes too much space from the tree view.
* Title font is to big, always elided.
* No knob for adjusting key.
* No way to start broadcasting from the skin.
* Insufficient broadcast status.
* Star rating consumes space of the artist name.
* Four decks, no library.

Tango:
* Decks are scaling well, bottom bar looks oversized.
* Shut down time is also quite long, including the famous "app does not
react" message.
 * Crash with GL waveform, strange.

Conclusion:
Keep Shade.
Deere does not work good. Tango works by design, but 59 s start up time is
a no go. For now I will continue to use Shade on this device.

I think it would be best to optimize Shade even more for small screens
using the well working Tango layout.

LateNight:
I am curious to hear Owens opinion.
For now I think we can drop Shade if we have a yellowish alternative.