I'm a bit confused : was Mnemosyne working fine on that computer before or
not? I.e. did you ever get past the welcome wizard?

The welcome wizard is just a standard Qt dialog which doesn't do anything
special, so I'm not sure I have control over what goes on there.

Long shot: make sure Windows and your graphics card drivers are fully
updated. Also try starting Mnemosyne  with the --qt-opengl=desktop command
line argument.

If that doesn't work, I can make you a special version that skips the
wizard.

Peter