I have often just forgotten.. soemthing....
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kirby McDaniel
  To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 11:35 AM
  Subject: Re: [MOPO] An odd incident on this past Sunday Heritage Auction

  Yes, well, you should make up your mind about your maximum bid and bid it.
And, if you don't get what you are bidding on, well, that's life.
  One can argue that the snipe is a great leveler.  The internet model is not
like a live auction. In fact, it's not even an auction at all.

  Oh, and by the way, bid before you FORGET to.
  I have often forgotten to go sit in front of the computer and FAILED to
purchase things I feel relatively sure I would have gotten with a snipe.

  K.