What is the point of you seeing a bid in the last few seconds if  you
cannot outbid me (as you stated).  There isn't a single poster that I  cannot
buy
so if I want it I can bid with an outrageous price and you cannot  beat me.
 For example:  If a poster has a value around $4,000 to  $5,000 based on
rarity and recent sales, what good does it do you if I place a  snipe bid of
$10,000?  You are tilting at windmills.

There was a poster I wanted a while ago with a value of $5,000  based on
previous sales and similar titles by the same actor.  I placed a  snipe bid of
$15,000.  So what does the knowledge of being beaten every  time you place
an extended bid do you?  You can't win.  There can only  be one winner and
these weekly auctions have to end  sometime.

The most important factor here is this.   I will not  under any
circumstances place a very high bid in an extended format so the loser  is the
seller.
I do not want anyone to know what I am willing to pay for a  poster.
Sniping is the only way to go.

CJL

In a message dated 9/28/2009 5:33:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,