In my collection I actually have an insert on Rear Window that was
personally signed by Jimmy Stewart at a 4th of July event in Palos Verdes, CA
in
1984 or 1985. (I'd also brought a lobby card from You Can't Take It With  You
with me because Frank Capra was supposed to appear also---and I'd hoped to
have both Mr. Stewart and Mr. Capra autograph it. Unfortunately Mr. Capra
couldn't be there because his wife had taken ill).   Anyway, to make a long
story short...I don't give a damn if my Rear Window  insert's value is
diminished because it's signed by Jimmy Stewart.  I have  a great memory of
meeting him that day...remembering how tall and thin and  old he seemed at the
time (of course I was 28 years younger myself back then).  Sometimes a
poster's value doesn't mean  everything....and for me, this is one case where
that's  true...
                                                                Rick

In a message dated 6/23/2012 11:46:12 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,