From: Diane Jeffrey <dianejeff...@roadrunner.com>
Subject: [MOPO] As The Dracula Lawsuit Turns - Final Update
To: MoPo-L@LISTSERV.AMERICAN.EDU
Date: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 10:20 PM

Hi All - I did not think that this would result in
so much response both here and on other forums.  A few comments to address
some of the questions that have come up:

When I received the initial complaint, I did not
ignore it.  I retained an attorney in New Jersey to handle the
response.  When it became apparent that I would not be able to keep
counsel, I figured I would represent myself.  New Jersey court informed me
that due to my company being a corporation, I was not allowed to.  At this
point I knew the end result would be a Default Judgment. So it was no surprise
to me.

On another forum there has been some discussion
about restorers and their obligation to their clients vs moral obligation to
the
hobby.  In this case, I did the restoration, knowingly restored incorrect
information at the bottom, setting up a red flag on this poster.  This
poster was sent to John Davis for authenticity, my red flag was changed,
obviously to further authenticate the poster.
I publically stated my concerns about the poster
and, well, we all know what happened then.

I had planned, well in advance, for the potential
ramifications of this case.  This will not close Studio C, we are alive and
well.

We have all had "unfair things" happen to us in our
life and this happens to be one of mine.  It is just money and
thieves/crooks, not really important stuff. That being said, it has still been
such a help receiving all the encouraging words from all of you and you will
always have my very heartfelt appreciation.

Diane