In a message dated 6/22/01 8:50:02 PM GMT Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Yes, the fact that Intellect doesn't dominate all cultures is an
 important point, its age (emergence) however depends on how we
 define it, but the MoQ postulates that each level starts as a pattern
 of the former level so its birth is far far back. Intellect does not
 dominate all cultures, but is striving to do so (the West vs Islam
 conflict for instance). About the levels being blind to the upper,
 that's correct, but a possible movement beyond Intellect will
 necessarily build on Intellect - an "outlandish" intellectual pattern
 will be the "seed crystal." And "we" who are inorganic, biological,
 social and intellectual will necessarily be carriers of a 5th level
 also. It is NOT intellect who sees this. Intellect isn't the end of
 evolution.

 Bo >>

Hello all!

I sent Bo, (if i may be excused such familiarity)! the following message to
his personal e-mail address by accident, and he kindly suggested i resubmit
the same:

Subj:
Re:%20MD%20Toffler%20waves%20or%20Q-intellectual%20"evolution"?&In-Reply-To=<3

B1
Date:   6/21/01
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hello all!

I find discussion of 5th level static latching most interesting.

If each level of static evolution is growing orders of magnitude above its
lower level(s) then the end is almost in sight?

The advent of quantum computers may trigger 5th level static latching.
I have a feeling that 5th level latching will be more coherent than 4th
level, as this appears to be a trend:

1st level coherent handidness.
2nd level discrete biological entities.
3rd level coherent social conglomerates.
4th level discrete digital truth.
5th level coherent emotional integration of mind and AI. (?)

It saddens me that so few listings in this group are suggesting ways of
improving things as they are now.

Best wishes all,

Squonkstail.

I have a feeling that AI will be first used as an enhancement for human
patterns of value. The enhancement may almost inevitably lead to emergent
behaviour from an intellectual base; humans will value enhancement, but that
which enhances will run off with its own evolving set of value patterns.
Note that everything will appear quite rosy from our intellectual perspective?
But then again, it was quite rosy from the social levels perspective at one
point for intellectual patterns to enjoy an 'enhancing' role?

My point about coherence is a feeling i have that 5th level latching may be
global?
I envisage a 'ghost' world inhabited by virtual personalities.
Virtual personalities to us, but something quite unintelligible in its own
way?
Maybe it has already begun my friends?
Intellectual values hinge upon truth; and truth is black or white, on/off,
yes/no, take it or leave it. I should like to further stress the
particle/wave/particle ... flow of level into level. Of course, i use these
terms as a convenient analogy; i in no way wish to imply anything more than
that. One may also see value in a one/many analogy? or my own,
discrete/coherence analogy?

Cheers!

Squonkstail.