"killer blade " wrote:

Now I don't support the actions of the likes of Timonty McVeigh but it is clear
that he should not have been executed, because he was a SOURCE OF THOUGHT.

and David Scarlett wrote:

What if it's not revenge, but rather the most effective method of preventing a
person from repeating whatever crime it was they committed?

(I suppose you mean that it's a method of preventing other people to repeat the
crime committed by the person that was executed.)

First, you ought to be *sure* that this is the most effective method to do what
you say. I personally doubt it, and I'm not the only one. So it does not seem
*beyond any doubt*. For someone who values life above everything, an opinion or
a guess is not enough to execute a man or a woman.

--
Andrea