Platt,
I think we should have a goal: To live fully after our principles. I also believe that
the goals you set, should be something to strive against, and nothing you should
expect to suceed in easily. In short; I think you are setting to high

It the moment I'm not certain that MoQ are defining my goal, as I am more confused now
on the deductions from MoQ than I was when I joined this list. I was used to having
the goals defined by humanitarianism and utilitarianism, but lacked a foundation for
these arguments. Some years ago, I thought I found this foundation when reading Lila,
and I call tell you that I was pleased. Now, after being a member of this discussion
group for a half year, I've learned that it is possible to be pro and con death
penalty, it is possible to be humanitarian and non-humanitarian, it is possible to
defend egoism and utilitarianism, etc. etc., all based on the MoQ.

Bo Skutvik, in his excellent "The Quality event" states that:
The only criteria for a(ny) theory’s “truth” are:
a) whether it is in accordance with experience.
b) is logical consistently.
c) does not need extraordinary long explanations (Occam’s razor).

I would also add that it needs to be useful, that you can use it in order to come to
some conclusions.

So; can we all based on our previously defined beliefs, use MoQ to get a theory that
is logical consistent, and in accordance with our experience? As you are able to come
up with arguments for death penalty, I guess someone with a brighter head than me also
can come up with a explanation for why it is more moral to eat meat than vegetables.
So it seems to me that MoQ is in accordance with Bo's criteria, but I cant see that it
is useful.

Are we all hypocrites, using the MoQ as a fortification for our beliefs? Is the MoQ
usefull? I guess I have written this question a few times already, with not much of a
reply. So I'm probably very off the general understanding. OK, I'm rather new to this,
and the discussion has been heated, so I will not abandon the MoQ or this list. I will
stay quite for a while, and read the postings of Marco, Andrea and others I can relate
to and that have some of the same understanding as I do.

Friendly greetings,
Gerhard