And on the seventh day Boris Zbarsky spoke:

>> hmm..., I'd say mass change that involves adding a new comments should
>> be discouraged. So you can add yourself to CC list of many bugs, as long
>> as you don't add unneccessary comment. Or you can mass verify (now
>> requires no commenting, yeah!), etc.
>
>Case in point.  If you're mass-verifying, you're doing something wrong,
>in 99% of the cases, imo.

I don't know what Daniel means, but there are two types of mass-verifying
IMO.

The first type is, when people just query for a big list of dupes which
are rather old and haven't been touched for a while or were resolved by a
QA person with a good standing, check two or three of them and then
mass-verify all the bugs. This is totally wrong of course.

The other type is, when people really look at the bugs they're trying to
verify, then make a query containing all the worthy bugs and then
mass-verify them, because it's a lot less work than choosing the VERIFIED
radio-button in every bug and click submit instead of just clicking
submit one time.

What I'm trying to emphasize in the document is that verifying without
looking at a bug is just plain wrong and just looking at the summary or
the person resolving the dupe is not enough. This is even more true for a
mass change.

Simon
--
Default QA Contact Firebird - Menus/Toolbars/Installer
My Mozilla Blog: http://sipaq.blogspot.com