The canconfirm privilege is the first privilege given to you in
the  bugzilla.mozilla.org.

I got editbug and canconfirm at the same time

It allows you to confirm bugs. It also allows  your bug reports to
start in the confirmed state (NEW).

and also to report bugs without going through Bugzilla helper.

At least 5-10 bugs which were reported and/or confirmed by you.

I don't understand this requirement. Why would you need editbug if all you do is reporting and confirming bugs?

Resolving bugs as DUPLICATE...

I think when we give out editbug we already has enough confidence that you know how to resolve bugs as dupes ;-)

* the build the bug is reported against is more than one stable release
old and the bug can't be reproduced with a current build.

This rule is not strict enough and should be removed

You should resolve a bug as INVALID, if the issue described in the
bug is clearly not a mozilla bug

spelling, "Mozilla" ;-)

Also qualify this. If the issue is not a Mozilla bug but is a web site compatibility/accessibility bug, then it should be moved to Tech Evangelism. If the issue cannot be fixed by Mozilla developers/contributors, it should be INVALID. Usually this cover bugs with very general description, e.g. "page rendering is slow" or "the UI sucks" and no dependencies (it's not a meta bug).

The only exception are bugs in other software which we have to work
around.

can you explain this?

Bugs covering this should not be INVALIDated by anyone other
than the module owner or module peer.

what is "this"?

Always remember to check the "Reassign to default owner and QA Contact"
radio-button under the comment textbox.

Not "always" though

Mass changes (changes to more than one bug simultaneously) are
discouraged. Don't do it!

hmm..., I'd say mass change that involves adding a new comments should be discouraged. So you can add yourself to CC list of many bugs, as long as you don't add unneccessary comment. Or you can mass verify (now requires no commenting, yeah!), etc.