"JS" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>   I just thought I'd add my 2c, and this is not a flame, the question
> was eloquently put and I am in the same category - I consider myself an
> avid enthusiast;I absolutley admire this technology and those that have
> the where-with-all to put all of this together for the rest of us to use
> in our everyday work and recreation. One really interesting aspect of
> all of this is that everyone can have completely different experiences
> using the exact same software but on different OS's or machines. I, for
> one, have had a very different experience using the Mozilla builds, I've
> actually rid my system of of Netscape 4.x and 6.x, 6.x seems to be about
> 8 steps behind Mozilla on any given day, I now find that I use Mozilla
> about 99% of the time now; I have a very good browsing experience and
> the email/newsgroups works perfectly on my machine. This was simply my
> 2c re: this post and my high compliments to those capable contributors
> to this project.

I can literally fully second this.

>   Perhaps I should insert this in a separate post; there have been a lot
> of responses to Geoff's post and this may get lost in the shuffle but
> here goes: I update my builds fairly frequently, just wanted to check if
> I'm doing this correctly: I go to the www.mozilla.org page and then go
> to the box 'nightly builds' and then I click on my OS (Win) and download
> begins. It seems I am downloading a complete new program each time. Does
> this download actually build on my previous installation or does it
> completely install a whole new installation of the Mozilla 0.9.7+ build?
> In other words, am I downloading more than I should each time? As I
> stated, I am an enthusiast.

No, you're doing everything right (though I use a slightly different method:
I go to http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest-trunk/?M=D to have
it sorted by newest chronologically so I usually see immediately whether
there _is_ a newer build for my platform [win32]). Each nightly is a
complete package of the Mozilla "Seamonkey" browser suite, and not an
_update_ or _patch_ to the earlier one. But you won't be losing any personal
config or mail or whatever data as that's stored in the profiles which don't
get overwritten (unless the nightly you're downloading is slightly broken
and overwriting stuff).

Regards,
Sören Kuklau