> From: Stephen Kennedy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
>
> Is it possible to have lame digitally resample an mp3 on a
> frame-by-frame
> basis? Although granted, the quality wouldn't be as good as a 'slow'
> encoding,
> I'd imagine this could be extremely fast!

Hmmm, I doubt it. The psychoacoustic model needs the original signal in (at
least) FFT form. I don't think MDCT -> FFT can be done directly, so you'd
need to go MDCT -> time domain -> FFT, i.e. full decode followed by FFT. You
probably wouldn't gain any speed at all. I suppose you could disable the
psymodel, but at low bitrates that's a recipe for terrible quality...

-- Mat.