Ok...I'll bite. :)
I get what you're saying, and I'm really interested to see how this petition
progresses, but my personal opinion is that this is like asking Stanley to
standardize on how to join together building materials. Do I use a hammer and
nail, nailgun, screwdriver and screw (Phillips or flathead or Torx), screw gun
and screw, staples, or glue/epoxy? They all achieve the same end goal, but they
are different tools for different circumstances, and you should use the right
tool for the right job.

A few specific comments. As ya'll know, we're working on more clearly
differentiating MDT and SCCM - that won't happen overnight, but it's on our
roadmap.

Windows has already deprecated the imaging component of ICD: see the note at
the top of
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn916113(v=vs.85).aspx.

Does anyone really use WDS for image management? Or just the Windows PXE server?

As for the others...heard. I assume NSIB is what probably pushed you over the
edge? I wish we had a better story for Nano Server in SCCM, but without the
ability to install the client, or manage via MDM, there's not much value in
hacking together some deployment story if the long-term management does not
exist. That's a bigger discussion we're having with the server team.

Aaron