Nano shouldn’t be deployed IMHO, it should be just be booted, then thrown away.

Or how are you guys planning to patch it? Tihi…

From: [] On
Behalf Of Ryan
Sent: den 17 oktober 2016 15:26
Subject: Re: [mssms] RE: Microsoft, please standardize on a single image
management tool

I already hacked together a way to deploy Nano Server with SCCM!

I've never really gotten into MDT, so lack of MDT support is fine. Do you guys
really expect people to have to learn MDT before they can deploy Nano server?
If the next version of SCCM required people to learn PowerShell DSC to install
it, that would discourage people from using it and kill adoption rates.
Microsoft probably just slapped some PowerShell cmdlets on top of their already
created method of deploying these WIMs when they were developing Nano. They
then slapped a UI on those cmdlets for people who aren't as great with

<puts on troll hat>
I doubt Microsoft would pick MDT if they were going to invest in a single image
management solution. It'd be SCCM.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 1:35 PM Garth Jones