My 2 cents… I didn’t sign it because of the reasons you bring up below.

From: [] On
Behalf Of Aaron Czechowski
Sent: Monday, October 17, 2016 12:47 PM
Subject: [mssms] RE: Microsoft, please standardize on a single image management

[External Email]
Ok…I’ll bite. ☺
I get what you’re saying, and I’m really interested to see how this petition
progresses, but my personal opinion is that this is like asking Stanley to
standardize on how to join together building materials. Do I use a hammer and
nail, nailgun, screwdriver and screw (Phillips or flathead or Torx), screw gun
and screw, staples, or glue/epoxy? They all achieve the same end goal, but they
are different tools for different circumstances, and you should use the right
tool for the right job.

A few specific comments. As ya’ll know, we’re working on more clearly
differentiating MDT and SCCM – that won’t happen overnight, but it’s on our

Windows has already deprecated the imaging component of ICD: see the note at
the top of

Does anyone really use WDS for image management? Or just the Windows PXE server?

As for the others…heard. I assume NSIB is what probably pushed you over the
edge? I wish we had a better story for Nano Server in SCCM, but without the
ability to install the client, or manage via MDM, there’s not much value in
hacking together some deployment story if the long-term management does not
exist. That’s a bigger discussion we’re having with the server team.

[] On Behalf Of Daniel Ratliff
Sent: Monday, 17 October, 2016 09:54
Subject: [mssms] Microsoft, please standardize on a single image management tool<>

We feel a lot of pain from this, and Johan agrees this is a good idea. If you
do to, please consider signing.

Daniel Ratliff

it is addressed
and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material. If you receive this material/information
in error,

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail is from a law firm and may be protected by
the attorney-client or work product privileges. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender by replying to this e-mail and then
delete it from your computer.