From: Pierre Gielen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 31 January 2000 20:49
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Harddisk and CDrom drive under MSXDOS2

I've finally managed to connect a harddisk and CDrom player to my MSX2 using
the Sunrise ATA-IDE/RS232c interface, but I'm experiencing some problems.
The first is that only 32MB of the harddisk is detected. I suppose that's
the maximum partition size? How should I know? This is basic information
that should have been published in some sort of 'getting started' manual.

With IDEFDISK.COM, I've tried to make other partitions but didn't succeed.
The documentation of IDEFDISK just isn't enough to make it clear how to use
it. Can anybody tell me what I should do to use the whole 500MB of the drive
(a Seagate ST3660A)?

A big problem is also that the CDrom drive is not found. I've put the switch
on the back of the drive on 'Slave' but the IDE interface just says it can't
find a slave and IDECDEX.COM aborts with the error message 'IDE driveletter
not found. What gives?

BTW: I succeeded in installing Linux on my PC, so why shouldn't I be able to
get a harddisk and CDrom working under MSXDOS2???

Pierre

****
MSX Mailinglist. To unsubscribe, send an email to   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
and put
in the body (not subject) "unsubscribe msx [EMAIL PROTECTED]"
(without the
quotes :-) Problems? contact [EMAIL PROTECTED]