Answers below

Le 09/08/2017 à 15:30, David Macek a écrit :
On 9. 8. 2017 14:59, Vincent Belaïche wrote:
I must admit that I don't know the difference between a cygwin-y symlink and a NTFS native symlinks. And I just presume that MS implementation of symlinks is a superset of NTFS native symlinks.

Microsoft's symlinks *are* NTFS native symlinks.

The URL that you give is interesting in this that it explains that MS symlinks can be created by non-administrators provided that they are given some corresponding priviledge.

Correct. The privilege requirement IIRC can also be removed as of some version of Windows 10.

to my knowledge SVN MSW clients can't be configured to follow symlinks at the moment (sigh) whatever the user priviledges

As you mentioned via the link to MSDN, "MSW" programs don't care too much about symlinks. Following the should just work. Of course, that's with NTFS symlinks, not Cygwin-y ones.