Le 09/08/2017 à 15:38, David Macek a écrit :
On 9. 8. 2017 15:34, Vincent Belaïche wrote:
The symlink emulation could keep track of all elements already copied once, and every time it is inspecting a new element to be copied, it would cancel the copy if the element has already been copied. This would break this infinite loop stuff (otherwise it breaks only when the path length exceed the maximum allowed).

That doesn't help much IMO. The copy (the fake symlink) is not complete, so it's still a failure.

I think it would be useful however. If you do  :

mkdir gnats; cd gnats; ln -s ../* .; cd ..; zip -r gnats.zip gnats

then the gnats.zip compressed archive would be the same if pseudo-symlinks are created in the way which I propose as if real symlinks were created. Therefore, if you keep pseud-symlinks as they are, the outcome is farther away from what you get with real symlink than which the fix which I propose.

  Vincent.

---
antivirus Avast.