The way I see it, MusicBrainz collects the metadata of official and
bootleg releases and whatnot.
One thing we do not do is adding my personal best 13 tracks ever
compilation in the database, which I selected for my car cd-player.

Why not?
Because it is of no use to anybody else!

IMHO with homebrew discids it is the same, we do not add them because
nobody but the original submitter will have any use of that information.

Bram