On Fri, 2008-05-09 at 21:58 +0200, Philip Jägenstedt wrote:

> Is that to say you want to explicitly allow homebrew discids?

I don't think I'm yet prepared to endorse the addition of homebrew
DiscIDs until I can be fully clear on the consequences of doing so. I am
so far prepared to tolerate the practice, as I haven't personally
experienced any deleterious effects.

I do note however, that so far it results in the potential for
MusicBrainz users to assume that there are more official pressings of a
disc than there actually are. Given there is no way for me to
affirmatively disprove an added DiscID, I see that this assumption may
not be a reasonable one.

Paul