* Benjamin Smith ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2001 at 11:53:27AM +0200, Jussi Ekholm wrote:
> > subscribe [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > -clip-
> >
> > It can get long, huh? :-)

Not when you generate it automatically.  I have about 4 lines for 45 lists :)

The originator of this thread also does this, since his setup is based
on the same stuff mine is :)

> I've never really understood the difference between using 'subscribe'
> and 'lists' to specify a mailing list. I've just looked in the manual
> and it does seems to have anything enlightening in it so, could
> someone perhaps clarify it for me?

lists instructs mutt that a certain address is a mailing list, subscribe
tells it you are actually *on* that mailing list; without subscribe, the
Mail-Followup-To header is set so you get replies as well as the list,
so you can track threads from messages you send to a list you're not on.

--
Thomas 'Freaky' Hurst  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  -  http://www.aagh.net/