Rob --

...and then Feztaa said...
%
% Alas! David T-G spake thus:
% >
% > I'd love the answer to this, too, for the same bogus-messages reason as
% > well as not having to whip up a special muttrc and then find a folder
% > with a message to match...
%
% I'm pretty sure I once saw somebody on this list asking for help with
% his regex's, mutt was saying there was an error but wouldn't say where.
% Then somebody else had tried to use the exact regex in either perl or

Right; I remember that (it was perl).

% sed (I forget), and that program said with greater clarity where the
% error in the regex was.
%
% So try fooling with some sed regex's to get a working match, then use
% that in mutt.

Worth a shot; thanks.

%
% I just had an idea, though -- David, what are all the email addresses
% you are working with here? If the ones you want all start with a certain

  [zero] [6:54pm] ~>  grep altern .mutt/muttrcc
  set
alternates="(^davidtg(pager|work|-.*|)|^dtg-bid|^choice(|(|-)consulting)|^c-cubed|^clasco(|(|-)properties)|^my_login)@((cyber(dude|junkie)|iname|poboxes|audiophile|bigfoot).com|sector13.org)|^david@(bae.uga.edu|coronaps.com)|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|[EMAIL PROTECTED]|justpickone"

*grin*  I know it could be cleaned out -- I'm not at corona any more and
the foobarbaz address is dead -- and could probably be simplified, but
that's the lot for now.

% group of letters, and the ones you don't want all start with a certain
% group of letters, you could do this:
%
% ^[letters].*@justpick

That's a start, until I set up lightning or mailwizard or queries or some
such.  Of course, this whole problem comes from being lazy in the first
place :-)

%
% For example, your wife's email starts with l. Lets say for the sake of
% argument that your daughter's emails start with b and j. Lets also say

Actually, we have to worry about l,m,q,h,r (including the pets), and that
certainly means that root will have a problem.

Whoops; I forgot about mft, an account that gets little mail but which is
mine and not the kiddo's.  Another collision.  I suppose I should update
my $alternates, too.

% that the email addresses you want in your $alternates are davidtg, root,
% admin, and foobar. You could use this:
%
% ^[darf].*@justpick

Yeah, that's not too bad.

%
% Then you'd have something that matches your addresses and not your wife
% and kids addresses ;)

Yeah.

%
% --
% Rob 'Feztaa' Park
% [EMAIL PROTECTED]
% --
% As to house maintenance, does it involve problem solfing?  If so,
% your hacker can safely be left to deall with the panning (for the
% musement value, if nothering ese).
%       -- Telsa Gwynne

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]