On 16:21 06 Apr 2002, Rob 'Feztaa' Park <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| I'm pretty sure I once saw somebody on this list asking for help with
| his regex's, mutt was saying there was an error but wouldn't say where.
| Then somebody else had tried to use the exact regex in either perl or
| sed (I forget), and that program said with greater clarity where the
| error in the regex was.
|
| So try fooling with some sed regex's to get a working match, then use
| that in mutt.

Sed's actually a poor choice - it supports "type one" (for want of a
better term) regexes, and substrings are demarked with \( and \) versus
"full regular expressions" which use ( and ).

Use perl or python or egrep of emacs or some of the more modern vi
clones etc.
--
Cameron Simpson, DoD#743        [EMAIL PROTECTED]    http://www.zip.com.au/~cs/

skeptic wrote:
> Why are we exploring space?  To be sure, the scientific returns from
> these missions are very interesting, but what are they really good for? [...]
The best answer was the one Leon Lederman (director of Fermilab) gave to Phil
Donahue when Donahue badgered him with "What does it do for the defense of
the country?" Leaving aside the absurdity of Donahue playing the hawk,
Lederman stood up on a chair and shouted him down, then replied,
"It helps make it worth defending."
        - Doug Jones <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>