On Tue, Sep 24, 2002 at 07:51:13AM -0600, Charles Cazabon wrote:
> Eric Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > I am getting a bit irritated by the second or two I need to wait
> > for `lynx -dump' or similiar to work when viewing the _many_ html
> > mails that happen upon my inbox - what are mutters doing to strip
> > the tags faster?
>
> Deleting HTML mail unread.  It's /much/ faster that way.  Seriously;
> I've yet to receive a piece of HTML mail that was worth reading.

   It's true! With procmail diverting html-only email to a junk folder,
   it is not each end-of-the-week survey that shows anything of interest.

   I'm no procmail guru, so others may be able to improve on:

                           # First "Content-Type:" indicates lack of
   :0 HB:                  # a plaintext alternative. i.e. "HTML only":
   * 1^0 ^Content-Type:\/.*
   * MATCH ?? html
   junk

   And if you forget to look in there some weeks, what the heck? :-)

   (Of the 2247 advertising spams I've received since February, 1899
were html.)

Erik