On 2018-03-07, Matthias Apitz <g...@unixarea.de> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 7 March 2018 19:37:39 CET, Scott Kostyshak
><skostys...@ufl.edu> wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 06, 2018 at 08:06:12PM +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
>>>
>>> I've noticed that the handling of text/plain by popular GUI MUAs has
>>> gotten so bad in past few years, that I'm now reluctant to send mail
>>> in that format.
>>

> I'm used to receive my mails via fetchmail+procmail+mutt and mails in HTML
> are in best case silently ignored or end up in SPAM folders. You have been
> adviced. :-)

Do you discard multipart/alternative where there's both text/plain and
text/html?  That's what I'm leaning towards in the general case.

I read this list using slrn via an NNTP server, so that's strictly
plain text.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I invented skydiving
                                  at               in 1989!