On 2022-08-29, Logan Rathbone wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 29, 2022 at 10:43:45AM EDT, Tavis Ormandy wrote:
>> No, format=flowed sounds like the perfect solution but I've tested and
>> as far as I can tell it's ignored by gmail on Android, for example.
>
> FWIW, the solution/compromise I ended up using was to compose
> multipart/alternative mails with mutt, sending a very simple HTML mail
> and a standard hard-wrapped text-based mail as well. So mobile
> mailreaders can read it perfectly, and desktop users can read the
> plaintext version correctly as well.

Hmm thanks, that does work - I don't like the idea of sending html
parts, but clearly a compromise is necessary somewhere!

I notice the example script shipped with mutt *will* add hard linebreaks
to the html but removing that and it does seem to work (I just added
return mdwn to the top of _preprocess_markdown).

I think either this or the par(1) solution seems to be the best option.

(Or just skip par and do it manually, but I find that jarring after
years of linewrap!)

Tavis.

--
 _o)            $ lynx lock.cmpxchg8b.com
 /\\  _o)  _o)  $ finger tav...@sdf.org